Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said on Wednesday that $ 3 billion funds to help tourism workers displaced under the Bayanihan To Recover As One (Bayanihan 2) law had already been uploaded to agencies. execution.
“Ubos na ubos (Everything has been published). We gave 5,000 P each (to tourism workers), ”Puyat said in an interview with the ANC when asked if the full Bayanihan 2 funds for the industry had already been uploaded.
The $ 3 billion allocation for financial assistance to tourism workers was distributed by the Ministry of Tourism with assistance from the Ministry of Labor and Employment.
Meanwhile, Puyat said loanable funds of 6 billion pesos for tourism businesses had been transferred to the Small Business Corporation of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. (SBCorp).
“We still have a 6 billion PPA window under SBCorp. This if for tourist companies, accredited by the DOT. They can borrow, four years to pay, no interest, no collateral and there is a two-year grace period, ”Puyat said.
Under Bayanihan 2, the tourism sector received 10 billion pesos. Of this amount, 6 billion pesos were deposited with SBCorp for the loan program; 3 billion pesos to DOLE and DOT for financial aid; and 1 billion pesos to the Ministry of Public Works and Roads for the so-called tourist infrastructure.
If Congress pushes for the Bayanihan 3 law, Puyat said he would still need additional funds for the financial assistance that would be given to displaced tourism workers who did not benefit from the Bayanihan 2.
“We were only able to give about 620,000 tourism workers and of course there are 5.7 million employees [workers], Puyat noted.
The Bayanihan 2 law expired on June 30, 2021.
The Ministry of Budget and Management earlier reported that there was 6.49 billion pesos in Bayanihan 2 funds that remained unused.—AOL, GMA News