Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer, who is accused of sexual assault, has had his administrative leave extended for the fourth time until Aug. 13, a league official told ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez.
A civil hearing for the temporary restraining order that was obtained against Bauer will begin Aug. 16 in Los Angeles Superior Court, ESPN adds. The pitcher could have his absence extended for a fifth time unless Major League Baseball and / or the Pasadena Police Department conclude their investigations before that date.
Bauer has been on administrative leave since July 2 and still faces a suspension from baseball even though he’s not legally charged.
Former Cy Young winner is said to have suffocated a woman until she repeatedly passed out, punched her in several places and left her with injuries that required hospitalization following two encounters sex earlier this year.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, the “majority” of Bauer’s teammates do not want him to return to the clubhouse in any way.
The Dodgers signed a three-year, $ 102 million contract with Bauer ahead of the 2021 campaign after winning the Cy Young Award with the Cincinnati Reds in 2020. He last appeared in a game on June 28.
With Bauer out of the rotation, the Dodgers acquired former Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer on last month’s trade deadline. He has won his only start with the club so far, allowing five hits and two runs against the Houston Astros on August 4 while striking out 10.